Saturday, January 2, 2010



During the last few days, we have bleached, conditioned, stained, and put a finish on the table and chairs.  Overall, we are very happy with the results.  We still have one or two more coats of the linseed oil and beeswax to apply.  Jeff cannot wait until spring to deliver the set to Orlando and he hopes to go down in the next few weeks.   We are wondering what we will do with our time now.  Jeff has spent well over 100 hours on this project so far and we have enjoyed each step.

5 comments:

  1. I inherited this exact same set from my Grandparents. I'm 36, but I remember helping my grandmother polish her dining set and she would tell me that this dining set was the first real furniture they purchased when they got married in 1946. So I would say you're accurately dating your set...based on her description. I also have the hutch and buffet/server to go with the table and chairs (although, my set does not have the captain's chairs)...but thank you for posting your pictures. I've been thinking about refinishing the set and you've really inspired me to do so! It looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Have a set made in 1962 signed by StanB. I love the quality.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just picked up a pair of these chairs at Goodwill for $8 a piece. Couldn't get them in the cart fast enough!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got a small table. I suppose it could be a night stand, entry table. I'd love to find out approx when it was made.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got a small table. I suppose it could be a night stand, entry table. I'd love to find out approx when it was made.

    ReplyDelete